2019 Family Giving Fund
Welcome to our General Fund! While the PTA works hard to support the school in every way we can, we need your help! Our General Fund is an exceptionally important part of our overall fundraising program and helps to ensure that we meet our fundraising goals. We are asking for 100% participation, every $10 donation helps! This is also an opportunity to get your 2018 tax deduction in before the year ends.
If you donate to the General Fund before Dec 1st, you automatically enter to win either a Gantry Kids & Teens 10 class card worth $350, a Tailormade for You Skincare gift card worth $250 or three amazing cookbooks. All prior general fund donations are already entered for the raffle. If making donation by check, please input your email address in the memo section. Good luck!
This year's PTA goal is to raise $200,000 for the 2018-2019 school year. Last year, we raised $150,000, so our goal is attainable! Suggested donation amounts are $1000, $500, $250, $100 per child. No donation is too small and every contribution makes an impact. Our goal is 100% family participation! The PTA raises money to cover school expenditures and programs not paid for by the Department of Education. We are hoping to expand the breadth of those programs while continuing to seek new possibilities for our children. We will continue to work with Principal Pavone to identify the school's most urgent needs and greatest opportunities for our students.
This year we have already funded: Chinese for the 3rd grade, I-Ready, Recess, Musical Instruments, Red Ribbon Week Swag, Student of the Month Gifts, Student Planners, and SEM Supplies. We still have many more programs to fund, so please help!
PS/IS 78Q is an exceptional school grounded in a thriving community. Our children are receiving an excellent education and enjoying enriching experiences. Your tax-deductible contribution is an investment in your child's education and our community. Thank you very much for your involvement and the support you offer to the students and staff of PS/IS 78Q. Please forward this letter to anyone who you feel would be interested in supporting the education of the children at PS/IS 78Q.
Please refer to the PTA website, www.psis78pta.org, to make donations directly online or please write a check to the PS 78Q PTA and leave the envelope in the PTA mailbox in either the ECC or the middle school building. If you are making a donation by check, please include your email address in the memo section.
The PS/IS 78Q PTA is a 501 (c) non-profit organization Tax ID #26-0734513.
Thank You Kindly, The PS/IS 78Q PTA EXECUTIVE BOARD
48-09 Center Blvd, Long Island City, NY 11109
Anne Marie Tamis
About PS/IS 78Q PTA
The PS/IS 78Q Parent Teachers Association, founded in June of 2008, is a registered 501(c)3 not for profit organization established to help support the PS/IS 78 Robert F. Wagner Jr. public school located in Long Island City, Queens. Every parent or primary caregiver of a child who attends PS/IS 78Q is a member of the PTA.
We remain committed to enriching the learning experiences of our children. This year, not only do we want to continue funding the efforts we have supported in the past, our goal is to also seek out and provide new opportunities for our children.
Mission Statement: The PS/IS 78Q PTA is committed to academic excellence, creativity, and wellness. We aim to create an environment that sparks intellectual curiosity by fostering the social, moral, physical, and emotional development of each child. We strive to build a strong and engaged parent community to support the efforts and vision of our school.
Currently Funded Programs:
- Studio in a School (grades 1-5)
- SEM (6 weeks of artistic, sports and scientific enrichment electives)
- South Street Seaport Program - Marine Science and Sailing (grades 6-8)
- Musical Instruments
- Basketball Hoops
- Gym Equipment
- Red Ribbon Campaign
- Student Council
- Student of the Month
- Student Planners
- Teacher Appreciation
- Prom/8th Grade Graduation
- Talent Show
- Gardening Supplies
- Family/Game Night Supplies
- Streamline communication between school and parents
- Additional Teaching Assistants
- Daily recess
- Health and Wellness programs
- Additional Enrichment programs
PS78 PTA Membership
What is the PTA? The main purpose of the Parent Teacher Association is to support the school and, therefore, benefit your child. As a parent, guardian or person in parental relation to a child in the school, you are a member of the PTA.
But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. The PTA functions and events are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. The PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming involved with the PTA, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.